Friday, October 8, 2010

before & after

Before:




After!






The gloss paint worked out great! I was a little worried before beginning the project after reading so many horror stories of high gloss paint. I did sand each piece very, VERY well before painting as well as in between coats. I used two grits of paper, the finest being 320, between each coat of paint. That might have been overkill. Honestly, I just kind of took a guess selecting the sandpaper. It did work out well. I know people also have really good results with spray paint for a high gloss finish. I wanted a very specific color and there is always the problem of finding spray paint in the city of Chicago... very difficult.

Centsational Girl has a ton of tips & tutorials for using spray paint- check it out.

I am on to my new search. The perfect desk to complete the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment