Monday, October 25, 2010

fall pumpkins

I absolutely L-O-V-E to decorate for holidays. I made these pumpkins this weekend.

I found this tutorial at Craftberry Bush, she has very detailed instruction.

I did make one change. My first attempt I took the cover all the way off, pulling most of the paper off of the spine of the book. When I hot glued the book around the stick for the stem it melted the book binding glue and all of the pages fell apart....sad! So I just cut off the cover with a craft knife leaving the paper on the spine. I hope the picture above helps to illustrate what I am attempting to explain.

I did not have any book I wanted to sacrifice for this project. I picked these up at a thrift store- 5 books for $1. I felt a little bad about cutting up a book, but they are SO cute now!


Little Pumpkin Family

I had to take a picture with the cemetery in the background SPOOKY!


No comments:

Post a Comment